Man, 90, dies in Beaumont house fire

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on November 30, 2012 at 12:02 PM

BEAUMONT, Texas (AP) — Police say a 90-year-old Southeast Texas man has died in a house fire blamed on a space heater in his home.

Beaumont police on Friday identified the victim as Junius Hill.

Police say firefighters late Thursday night responded to emergency calls about a burning house. Neighbors reported Hill was still believed to be in the home.

Investigators say the victim was located in the bedroom where the fire apparently started. An autopsy has been ordered.

The National Weather Service says temperatures were in the 50s at the time of the fire.

Print
Email
|