President Trump and first lady Melania Trump announced Wednesday the recipients of their personal $1 million contribution to relief efforts for Hurricane Harvey.
• Reach Out America, $100,000
• Red Cross, $300,000
• Salvation Army, $300,000
• Samaritan's Purse, $100,000
• ASPCA, $25,000
• Catholic Charities, $25,000
• Direct Relief, $25,000
• Habitat for Humanity, $25,000
• Houston Humane Society, $25,000
• Operation Blessing, $25,000
• Portlight Inclusive Disaster Strategies, $25,000
• Team Rubicon, $25,000
The president made the donation pledge last week.
"The president and first lady witnessed the work of some of these groups first hand while visiting the hurricane survivors, first responders, volunteers, and federal, state and local officials, and are proud to further assist the recovery efforts in Texas," the White House said in a statement.
Per the White House, several of the organizations were recommended by members of the White House press corps.
Tuesday's announcement provided no details about which account the Trumps are using for the donation.
© 2017 USATODAY.COM