A new article from the British Medical Journal (BMJ) warns about parasites in sushi, but should you really put down that tuna roll?
Our Verify Team took a closer look, and here’s what we found:
- The article is about one man in Portugal who came down with a parasite after eating sushi.
- The studies cited in the article contain a total of 27 cases of this parasite.
- Each case was linked back to anchovies not sushi.
In conclusion, we can verify there is the possibility of getting sick when eating sushi, but that chance is small. So, take this study with a grain of salt or maybe wasabi.
Help our journalists VERIFY the news. Do you know someone else we should interview for this story? Did we miss anything in our reporting? Is there another story you'd like us to VERIFY? Click here.
© 2017 KHOU-TV