HOUSTON- A home is severely damaged after catching fire in Sunnyside early Sunday morning.
According the Houston Fire Department, they responded to a single-story wood-frame home on fire at Aledo Street and Edgar Street around 2:20 a.m.
Upon arrival, crews found smoke and flames coming from the residence. Three people had already made it out of the home safely.
The homeowner, a man in his 70s, said he was at home with his two adult sons.
HFD said one of his sons had a space heater plugged in which is believed to be the source of the fire.
The home suffered major damage.
© 2017 KHOU-TV