The reward has been increased to $8,000 for information leading to the arrest of a Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offender from Spring.
Juan Carlos Pena, 51, is wanted for parole violation and failure to register as a sex offender.
Pena's last known address was in Spring but he has ties to the McAllen and Houston areas as well as Reynosa, Mexico. He has been known to work in computer-related jobs, according to Crime Stoppers.
Pena's criminal history includes burglary, assault and aggravated robbery.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, tipsters must provide information to authorities using one of the five following methods:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters “DPS” – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip at http://www.facebook.com/texas10mostwanted by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store: (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/texas-dps/id902092368?mt=8) and for Android users on Google Play: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microassist.texasdps&hl=en).
All tips are anonymous – regardless of how they are submitted, and tipsters will be provided a tip number instead of using a name.