Spring home catches fire while family attends charity event

SPRING, Texas -- A family returning from a charity event found their home on fire late Wednesday.

The fire was reported just before 10 p.m. on Greenlake Drive near Ridgewood Drive.

A dad came home first and found the fire. He called 911 and got the two dogs out of the home. A mom and daughter were at a Girl Scout charity event at the time and arrived home shortly after.

No injuries were reported.

Firefighters said they found flames coming from the second floor of the home. It appeared to have started in a child's room and then spread to the attic.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment