Couple in wheelchairs rescued from N. Houston apartment fire

Print
Email
|

by KHOU.com staff

khou.com

Posted on July 31, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Updated Thursday, Aug 1 at 1:14 PM

HOUSTON – A man helped rescue his parents from their north Houston apartment after a fire broke out early Wednesday morning.

It happened overnight at a complex on Greens Parkway at Fall Lake Road. The fire reportedly started in the family’s kitchen.

All three family members made it out without serious injury, but the mom was taken to the hospital due to a preexisting health condition, and her husband suffered minor burns to his hands. Both were in wheelchairs when their son helped bring them out of their burning apartment.

The fire damage was confined to the one unit, but neighbors had to evacuate due to the smoke.

Print
Email
|