HFD: Man injured in house fire caused by candle

Two people were rescued from a house fire near downtown Houston Tuesday evening, authorities say.

HOUSTON - Firefighters rescued a man from a burning home in north Houston Tuesday evening. 

According to the Houston Fire Department, the fire took place a little before 6 p.m. at a home located in the 2000 block of Lee Street. 

Investigators say a burning candle caught a sheet on fire which ignited the couch and caused the home to catch fire. 

HFD says the homeowner escaped on her own. Her 70-year-old tenant was rescued transported to Memorial Hermann where he is recovering from smoke inhalation. 

The Red Cross will be helping the homeowner. 

© 2018 KHOU-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment