HARRIS COUNTY, Texas – Firefighters have responded to a two-alarm building fire in north Harris County Monday morning.
According to the Harris County Sheriff’s Offices, the fire started at about 9:48 a.m. in the 13000 block of East Richey Road at BJ Hookers Distillery.
According to the Harris County Fire Marshal, the cause of the explosion and fire is accidental. HCFM says an employee was blending vodka with an electric immersion blender when the fumes ignited, causing an explosion and fire. Damage was limited to a single metal warehouse.
One victim was airlifted to the hospital and another was taken by ambulance. Information on their conditions was not immediately available.
© 2017 KHOU-TV