HARRIS COUNTY – A shelter-in-place issued for the area east of the 5000 block of Atascocita Road has been lifted Saturday afternoon, officials said.
The Harris County Emergency Corps issued the alert earlier in the day after a chemical tank filled with natural gas fell over after being struck by lightning.
Firefighters said the tank then fell on top of a car. The tank started leaking the chemical used to add a smell to natural gas.
Haz-mat crews cleaned up the mess and an all-clear was issued about an hour after the accident. No one was hurt in the accident.