Family awarded $1.3 million after child injured

Family awarded over $1 million for injury to their child

HOUSTON – A Texas family has been awarded $1.3 million after their child was seriously injured at an indoor inflatables business.

Kimberly Thundyil said she thought her child would be safe playing at the Pump It Up located on 536 Sawdust Rd near the Woodlands, but that wasn't the case.

Back in 2010 Thundyil's then 9-year-old son, was sitting on an inflatable about 7 feet up, when he fell off and hit his head on the concrete floor below. The floor was covered by a carpet. Her son suffered a fractured skull and had bleeding on the brain in three places.

According to the lawsuit, he was playing on a part of the inflatable that he wasn't supposed to be on; however, no one told him that and there was no safety monitor in the room at the time he fell. Thundyil says her son has developed a stutter, memory problems and other emotional ailments.

She is speaking out because she has a message for other parents.

"We want the public to know so that businesses like this, can be held accountable to the standards that Texas has put in place for them," Thundyil said. "There shouldn't be any expectation of going to a place like this and having a life forever changed."

This past Friday a jury found that Pump It Up was negligent and awarded Thundyil $1.3 million in damages.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment