Cell phone charger blamed for house fire in NW Houston

HOUSTON – A man and woman safely escaped a fire they believe was sparked by a charging cell phone.

The fire happened around midnight Tuesday at a home on Oak Trail near Fallen Oaks.

Firefighters say the fire started in an upstairs bedroom where a phone was charging while sitting on a bed.

The bed caught fire, which then spread to the rest of the room.

© 2017 KHOU-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment