Woman electrocuted while picking up lamp in yard

Print
Email
|

by T. J. Aulds/ The Daily News

khou.com

Posted on January 13, 2014 at 11:42 AM

TEXAS CITY — A Montana woman in town to visit her son died after she was electrocuted when she picked up a table lamp Sunday night. Faulty electrical work is likely to blame for the woman’s death, the city’s fire marshal said.

The 53-year-old woman, her son and about five other people had been in the yard of a house in the 2200 block of Eighth Avenue North when she was electrocuted, Texas City Fire Marshal Dennis Harris said.

A table lamp, connected to an extension cord that was plugged into a socket inside the house, was in the yard. Harris said the ground was wet and the woman was in her bare feet when she went into the yard to pick up the lamp.

Others at the house turned to find the woman on the ground and called 911 at about 8:30 p.m. Texas City EMS personnel transported the woman to Mainland Medical Center where she died, Harris said.

Click here to read more at the Galveston County Daily News.

Print
Email
|