Resident says he accidentally knocked over space heater, causing fire

Resident says he accidentally knocked over space heater, causing fire

Credit: KHOU

The Houston Fire Department said firefighters were called to a home on Scott Street at Mainer around 10:30 p.m. They found fire and smoke coming from a back bedroom but were able to quickly get it under control.

Print
Email
|

by KHOU.com Staff

khou.com

Posted on November 15, 2012 at 8:28 AM

HOUSTON – A resident in south Houston told firefighters late Wednesday he accidentally knocked over his space heater, causing a house fire.

The Houston Fire Department said firefighters were called to a home on Scott Street at Mainer around 10:30 p.m. They found fire and smoke coming from a back bedroom but were able to quickly get it under control.

HFD said one person was home at the time, and he stated he left his space heater on, and it must have been knocked over.

No injuries were reported.

Print
Email
|