SHELDON, Texas—A house went up in flames while its owners were at the store Friday night.
Cell phone video captured the flames ripping apart the structure on Verdun at Glen Falls just east of Beltway 8.
Around midnight, the Sheldon Fire Department responded to find the one-story wood frame duplex on fire. They were able to put out the flames with the help of the Crosby and Channelview fire departments.
"We were able to hold the damage to the one unoccupied portion of the structure. The other portion of the structure did get heavy water and smoke damage as well," said Roland Balderas with the Sheldon fire department.
No injuries were reported but the house is now unlivable.