Neighbors wake up resident after east Houston apartment catches fire

Neighbors wake up resident after east Houston apartment catches fire

Credit: KHOU

According to the Houston Fire Department, the fire was reported just before 3 a.m. Wednesday in the 900 block of Fair Oaks.

Print
Email
|

by KHOU.com staff

khou.com

Posted on December 11, 2013 at 8:54 AM

HOUSTON -– Investigators believe a small fire at an east Houston apartment complex was started by an electrical short in a light fixture.

According to the Houston Fire Department, the fire was reported just before 3 a.m. Wednesday in the 900 block of Fair Oaks.

Resident Joe Garza told KHOU 11 News that neighbors woke him up to tell him his apartment was on fire. He escaped without injury.

HFD firefighters said the fire was limited to the apartment’s kitchen, which was heavily damaged by fire, smoke and water.

Print
Email
|