HOUSTON -– A mom and her two children made a safe escape after their home caught fire in northeast Houston late Tuesday, firefighters said.
According to the Houston Fire Department, the fire was reported on Kittridge Street near Camway Street around 11:15 p.m.
Firefighters said they found heavy flames and smoke coming from the home’s attached garage. They made a fast attack and kept the fire from spreading to the rest of the home.
One firefighter suffered a minor injury when he fell from a ladder, HFD said.
A homeowner told arson investigators the fire may have started with the family’s clothes dryer, which was being used at the time.