HOUSTON – The Houston Fire Department Arson Bureau has determined the Nov. 6 fire at the House of Pies Restaurant on Kirby Drive was an accident.
The restaurant, a popular late-night eatery for decades, caught fire shortly before 11 p.m. The Houston Fire Department said it took about 30 minutes to put out the one-alarm blaze.
Investigators said the fire was sparked by an electrical issue. The blaze left significant damage to the building’s roof.
No injuries were reported.
Construction crews were working around the clock to get the House of Pies restaurant back open in time for the holidays.