HOUSTON – A homeowner was transported to the hospital late Thursday after being injured in a house fire in west Houston, according to Houston firefighters.
HFD arrived to find the woman lying in the front yard of her burning home on Norfolk at Weslayan around 10 p.m. They made a fast attack and extinguished the fire, which started on the kitchen stove.
Firefighters said the woman suffered only minor burns, but did inhale a lot of smoke. She was taken to the hospital for treatment. Her condition was not known.