Homeowner believes electrical short started northwest Houston house fire

Homeowner believes electrical short started northwest Houston house fire

Credit: KHOU

The Houston Fire Department was called to E. Witcher Lane near Nordling Road around 11:15 p.m. Firefighters made a fast attack to get the fire under control.

Print
Email
|

by KHOU.com staff

khou.com

Posted on February 7, 2014 at 7:06 AM

Updated Friday, Feb 7 at 8:30 AM

HOUSTON –- A homeowner says he believes his space heater shorted out and set fire to his home in northwest Houston late Thursday.

The Houston Fire Department was called to E. Witcher Lane near Nordling Road around 11:15 p.m. Firefighters made a fast attack to get the fire under control.

The homeowner and his pets made it out safely.

He told HFD he was asleep when he woke up to a crackling sound in his bedroom. He saw the fire and ran out.

Print
Email
|