Harwin apartment fire blamed on food left on stove

Harwin apartment fire blamed on food left on stove

Credit: KHOU

Firefighters found a first floor apartment unit with flames and smoke inside. They made a quick attack and were able to control it before it spread to other units.

Print
Email
|

by KHOU.com staff

khou.com

Posted on April 23, 2013 at 7:28 AM

HOUSTON – Investigators with the Houston Fire Department said a small apartment fire on Harwin near Boone was caused by food left on a stove.

The fire broke out around 9 a.m. Monday, according to HFD.

Firefighters found a first floor apartment unit with flames and smoke inside. They made a quick attack and were able to control it before it spread to other units.

HFD said the fire started in the kitchen, burning several appliances. A resident was accused of leaving food on the stove before leaving the apartment.

No injuries were reported.

Print
Email
|