HFD: Space heater caused elderly man’s N. Houston home to catch fire

HFD: Space heater caused elderly man’s N. Houston home to catch fire

Credit: KHOU

House fire on Victoria Drive in north Houston the night of Dec. 25, 2013.

Print
Email
|

by KHOU.com staff

khou.com

Posted on December 26, 2013 at 11:28 AM

HOUSTON –- Investigators with the Houston Fire Department believe clothes placed too close to a space heater caused a fire at an elderly man’s home.

The fire was reported around midnight Christmas night on Victoria Drive at Arrowpoint Drive.

HFD said firefighters found the man’s one-story home with heavy fire and smoke coming from it. The 80-year-old man who lives there made a safe escape, and no injuries were reported.

Print
Email
|