HFD: Old wiring may have caused fire at northwest Houston home

HFD: Old wiring may have caused fire at northwest Houston home

Credit: KHOU

It was reported just before 10 p.m. Tuesday on Maxroy Street near Ferguson Way.

Print
Email
|

by KHOU.com staff

khou.com

Posted on April 23, 2014 at 9:05 AM

HOUSTON -– Houston firefighters believe old wiring may have caused an electrical short that sparked a fire at northwest Houston home.

It was reported just before 10 p.m. Tuesday on Maxroy Street near Ferguson Way.

According to the Houston Police Department, firefighters arrived to find flames coming from the back of a home. They made a fast attack and put out the fire in about 15 minutes, HFD said.

Two women in the home made a safe escape, and no firefighters were injured.

Arson investigators said they will continue to look into the cause of the fire.

Print
Email
|