HFD: Gas can near water heater may have sparked northeast Houston fire

HFD: Gas can near water heater may have sparked northeast Houston fire

Credit: KHOU

the fire was reported shortly after 10 p.m. on Hoffman Street near Marcus Street. HFD said heavy flames were shooting from a one-story home.

Print
Email
|

by KHOU.com staff

khou.com

Posted on November 13, 2013 at 9:01 AM

HOUSTON –- Investigators with the Houston Fire Department said late Tuesday a house fire on the northeast side may have been started by a gas can that was placed near a water heater.

According to HFD District Chief Phillips, the fire was reported shortly after 10 p.m. on Hoffman Street near Marcus Street.

HFD said heavy flames were shooting from a one-story home. Three adults home at the time made it out safely.

Along with the gas can, arson investigators believe oxygen tanks in the home may have helped to accelerate the fire.

Print
Email
|