HOUSTON –- An early morning apartment fire may have been caused by a lit cigarette butt, the Houston Fire Department said Friday.
The fire was reported on Richmond near Woodchase around 1:45 a.m.
The first firefighters on the scene found flames shooting from a second floor balcony. They managed to put the fire out before it spread to nearby units.
According to HFD, the fire looked to be accidental. Investigators believe a lit cigarette fell from a third floor balcony to the second floor, causing the blaze.
No injuries were reported.