HFD: Flicked cigarette may have caused apartment fire

HFD:  Flicked cigarette may have caused apartment fire

Credit: KHOU

The fire was reported on Richmond near Woodchase around 1:45 a.m.

Print
Email
|

by KHOU.com staff

khou.com

Posted on December 21, 2012 at 9:11 AM

HOUSTON –- An early morning apartment fire may have been caused by a lit cigarette butt, the Houston Fire Department said Friday.

The fire was reported on Richmond near Woodchase around 1:45 a.m.

The first firefighters on the scene found flames shooting from a second floor balcony. They managed to put the fire out before it spread to nearby units.

According to HFD, the fire looked to be accidental. Investigators believe a lit cigarette fell from a third floor balcony to the second floor, causing the blaze.

No injuries were reported.

Print
Email
|