Grandfather’s space heater sparks blaze at Humble home

Grandfather’s space heater sparks blaze at Humble home

Credit: KHOU

It was reported around midnight on Brenda Lane at Memorial Glen Drive.

Print
Email
|

by KHOU.com staff

khou.com

Posted on February 7, 2014 at 7:02 AM

Updated Friday, Feb 7 at 8:33 AM

HUMBLE, Texas –- The Humble Fire Department was called to a home engulfed in flames late Thursday night.

It was reported around midnight on Brenda Lane at Memorial Glen Drive. Firefighters said they found heavy flames shooting from the home, and the Houston Fire Department was called in for backup.

They got the fire under control before it consumed the entire home, and no injuries were reported.

A preliminary investigation indicates the homeowner’s grandfather had a space heater in his bedroom. The space heater somehow caught fire, setting the room on fire.

Print
Email
|