GALENA PARK, Texas – Children have been allowed back inside MacArthur Elementary School after no gas leak was found, officials with the Galena Park Independent School District said.
The children were evacuated Thursday morning after gas was smelled on the campus.
The fire department along with crews from CenterPoint Energy were called to the scene sometime before 9 a.m. to try and locate the source while students were escorted outside.
The children were allowed to return after about an hour.
Aerial views from Air 11 showed hundreds of kids sitting on the sidewalks around the school, which is located about 10 miles east of downtown Houston.