Flames escape fireplace, set home on fire

Flames escape fireplace, set home on fire

Credit: KHOU

The Houston Fire Department was called to Ivyknoll at Sandpiper shortly before 4 a.m.

Print
Email
|

by KHOU.com staff

khou.com

Posted on March 6, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Updated Wednesday, Mar 6 at 8:58 AM

HOUSTON –- A group home for those in need went up in flames in southwest Houston early Wednesday after a fire spread from a fireplace to the rest of the home.

The Houston Fire Department was called to Ivyknoll Drive at Sandpiper Drive shortly before 4 a.m.

Firefighters found heavy flames shooting from one side of the one-story home.

Investigators said they later determined a man inside the home started a fire in the fireplace, even though he had been warned not to. The fire somehow got outside of the chimney and caught the house on fire.

One person was treated at the scene after he cut his arm on a broken window.

Print
Email
|