Fire spreads from fireplace, damaging home in Spring

Fire spreads from fireplace, damaging home in Spring

Credit: KHOU

The fire was reported around midnight at a home on Mossy Oaks at Greenleaf, according to the Spring Fire Department. Firefighters said they found flames coming from a large patio outdoor living area.

Print
Email
|

by KHOU.com staff

khou.com

Posted on November 14, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Updated Wednesday, Nov 14 at 10:54 AM

SPRING, Texas – Firefighters said early Wednesday a house fire in Spring was caused by flames that escaped from an unattended fireplace.

The fire was reported around midnight at a home on Mossy Oaks at Greenleaf, according to the Spring Fire Department. Firefighters said they found flames coming from a large patio outdoor living area.

Crews from Ponderosa and Klein assisted in getting the fire under control before it spread to the rest of the house. No injuries were reported.

Investigators with the SFD said it appeared the fire somehow escaped the fireplace and set the side of the home and roof on fire.

Officials said the incident should serve as a good reminder for people to get their chimneys checked out before lighting them up this winter.

Print
Email
|