Posted on September 7, 2012 at 6:30 AM
HOUSTON—A family was breathing a sigh of relief early Friday after stopping a fire from destroying their northwest Harris County home.
The family was asleep at the home in the 9300 block of Viscaro at Pablo Trail when the fire started.
An adult daughter was getting dressed for work around 3:45 a.m. when she heard a strange crackling noise.
She went to investigate the sound, then noticed a line of fire along the bottom of the house.
She woke up the others and they spraying water from a garden hose on the fire. That helped to keep the fire from spreading until the fire department arrived and took over.
The home sustained only minimal damages, but the family fears things could have been much worse if the daughter hadn’t woke up early.
The Harris County Fire Marshal is investigating. They said a trail of gasoline was found leading to the house.