HOUSTON—A southwest Houston family safely escaped a fire that quickly spread through their home late Monday, according to the Houston Fire Department.
HFD arrived to find heavy flames shooting from the second story of a home on Towerview at Willmore around 11:30 p.m.
The fire had already made its way into the attic, but firefighters made a fast attack and managed to knock it out.
A mother, her adult son and several teens were in the home when the fire started.
Investigators said the fire, which started in an upstairs bedroom, started because of an electrical problem.