Family injured in fire at northeast Houston house undergoing remodeling

Print
Email
|

by KHOU.com staff

khou.com

Posted on July 22, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Updated Monday, Jul 22 at 1:55 PM

HOUSTON—A family of four was injured Monday in a northeast Houston house fire.

It happened at about 8 a.m. in the 7200 block of Laredo.

A man was doing renovations on a garage apartment and there was an explosion. A mother, father, two children ages three and 8, along with their pet cat were injured in the flash fire, authorities said.

Neighbors heard the explosion and assisted the family.

The family members were transported to the hospital with minor injuries.

The fire was extinguished within 10 minutes.

Arson investigators are looking into the incident.

Print
Email
|