Electrical short sparks southeast Houston house fire

Electrical short sparks southeast Houston house fire

Credit: KHOU

The fire was reported on Overdale Street near Southbank around 12:30 a.m. Monday.

Print
Email
|

by KHOU.com staff

khou.com

Posted on March 24, 2014 at 6:07 AM

HOUSTON –- An elderly couple and other family members made a safe escape after their southeast Houston home caught fire overnight, firefighters said.

The fire was reported on Overdale Street near Southbank around 12:30 a.m. Monday.

Firefighters said the family smelled smoke and went to a neighbor’s to call 911. It was determined an electrical short in a wall sparked the fire.

The damage was limited, and no injuries were reported.

Print
Email
|