HOUSTON -- A homeowner woke to smoke and the sound of crackling fire in his southeast Houston home early Tuesday.
According to the Houston Fire Department, the fire was reported on Glen Rock Drive near Plainview Street around 1 a.m.
Firefighters responded and found flames shooting from the roof of a one-story home. They made a fast attack and got it under control.
No injuries were reported.
The homeowner told HFD investigators he called 911 after spotting the blaze coming from the attic area. It’s believed an electrical issue sparked the fire.