GALVESTON, Texas – There was a disturbing discovery Monday evening at the scene of the oil spill.
Crews trying to contain the mess stumbled upon what looked like a pipe bomb at East Beach.
They blocked off the area and called in experts, but it was a hoax.
They determined it was not a real explosive and made to look like a bomb.
- Coast Guard working to reopen Houston Ship Channel after oil spill
- 5 things to know about the Texas oil spill
- Cruise ships stuck in port as oil spill cleanup continues
- Oil spill is impacting economy in Texas City
- Photos: Oil spill near Texas City
- A barge loaded with marine fuel oil sits partially submerged in the Houston Ship Channel