CYPRESS, Texas – An animal shelter in Cypress nearly caught fire late Tuesday, forcing its owner and several animals into the cold.
It was reported shortly before midnight at Noah's Ark on Kz Road at Santos Street. The Rose Hill Fire Department responded and found heavy smoke pouring from the shelter.
Firefighters said the shelter’s owner lives on the property and apparently forgot to open the chimney flue before starting a fire. The home filled with smoke, but no injuries were reported.
The shelter was not significantly damaged.