Boy, 6, trying to warm clothes on stove nearly burns house down

Print
Email
|

by KHOU.com staff

khou.com

Posted on March 25, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Updated Monday, Mar 25 at 6:37 PM

HOUSTON — A little boy who was trying to warm his clothes up on the stove before putting them on started a fire in his family’s home Monday morning.

It happened in the 3400 block of Sayers at Collingsworth shortly before 8 a.m.

The 6-year-old had watched his mom heat up his clothing before, but this morning when she was in the bathroom, he decided to do it himself.

When the clothes caught fire, the frightened child threw them in the kitchen pantry.

The mother managed to use a garden hose to extinguish the flames before the entire house was damaged.

Print
Email
|