Boy suffers extensive burns after trying to burn ant beds

Print
Email
|

by KHOU.com staff

khou.com

Posted on February 17, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Updated Sunday, Feb 17 at 9:32 PM

HOUSTON – A 12-year-old boy was taken to a local hospital to be treated for extensive burns after he was trying to burn ant beds Sunday morning near Dayton, Texas.

The boy is in critical condition after he was airlifted to Herman Memorial Hospital just before noon.

Officials with the Liberty County Sheriff’s Office said that the boy was pouring gasoline on ant beds from a 5-gallon canister.

The fire jumped from the ant bed to the container, deputies said. They said he had second- and third-degree burns on 80 percent of his body.

Print
Email
|