4 treated for smoke inhalation at elderly center fire in The Woodlands

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on December 24, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Updated Monday, Dec 24 at 11:55 AM

THE WOODLANDS, Texas -- At least four people are recovering from smoke inhalation after a two-alarm fire broke out at a Montgomery County apartment building that houses elderly residents.

Two of those patients were sent to the hospital.

Officials say cooking food left unattended is the likely cause for the Sunday blaze at the complex in the north Houston suburb of The Woodlands.

The fire broke out on the first floor of the three-story independent living apartment building.  Most residents of the upper floors were allowed to return later.

A fire six years ago at the same complex left one person dead.

Print
Email
|