ATASCOCITA, Texas — At least a dozen people, including children, have symptoms of food poisoning after eating at Iguana Joe’s during the Father’s Day weekend. They are blaming the restaurant for making them sick.
Days after visiting the popular eatery in the 18,300 block of W. Lake Houston Parkway, Debbie Rodriguez’ son, Ashton, ended up in the hospital.
“We got to the doctor’s office,” said Rodriguez. “He had been sick for about 14 hours, incredibly ill and she sent him straight to the hospital.”
Nine-year-old Ashton was diagnosed with salmonella, and is currently recovering at home.
Rodriguez started asking around and quickly learned her son wasn’t the only one who got sick that weekend.
“Within two hours, we were notified of about 10 other people that had also gotten sick that had been at that restaurant,” she said.
Nick and Ashley Howe visited on Father’s Day and suffered similar symptoms.
“I went to work the next day and made it though half a day before I was told go home because I was literally in the restroom all day long,” admitted Nick Howe.
A few hours later, Ashley Howe was in the same boat.
KHOU 11 News called Iguana Joe’s and the manager told us she was aware of the problem and admits they are working to get to the bottom of it.
She pointed out that the location scored a perfect 100 during a health inspection this week.
The Harris County Health Department confirms it has also received calls and knows of multiple people getting ill. It has launched an investigation as well.