The school bell is about to ring! That means it’s time to start packing lunches and getting the kids ready to learn. Snap Kitchen dropped by KHOU 11 News at Noon to demonstrate how parents can make the kiddo’s brown-bag lunches fast, simple, and healthy! Michelle Jozwiack, Snap Kitchen’s Nutrition lead offered the following tips and tricks. She also showed Katherine, Ron, and Brooks how to make delicious Devily Eggs!
Snap Tips & Tricks:
· Cut a sandwich with fun shaped cookie cutters
· Freeze a smoothie or no sugar added juice to keep other foods cool
· Slice wrap sandwiches into pinwheels for a cool presentation
· Use cookie cutters to turn plain veggies into animal shapes
· Make your own “lunchable” with sliced cheese, meat and crackers
· Kids love to dip! Pack applesauce, yogurt, hummus or Ranch in a small lidded container
· Make fruit kabobs or alternate cheese, meat and veggies on skewers
· Try a themed lunch for holidays or build your own pizza day
· Include a healthy treat or a special note to make their day!
Snap Devily Eggs:
2 Whole Hard Boiled Eggs
4 Tbsp Jalapeno Hummus
1/8 tsp paprika
Cut the hard boiled eggs in half and remove the yolk. Place 1 Tbsp of Snap Kitchen Jalapeno Hummus in each egg white, sprinkle ¼ tsp of paprika on each egg half. Also feel free to substitute a less spicy or flavored hummus in place of the Jalapeno Hummus