HOUSTON - The reward has been increased to $8,000 for information leading to the capture of a Most Wanted Sex Offender from Houston.
Johnny June Mason, 48, is wanted for failure to register as a sex offender and parole violation.
Houston is Mason's last known address. In 1990, he was convicted in Louisiana of aggravated rape and aggravated crime against nature involving a 16-year-old girl. He was sentenced to 20 years in prison.
According to DPS, Mason has a history of violating his parole and failing to comply with sex offender registration requirements. He has been wanted since June 2016.
Mason is 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs approximately 150 pounds. He has a tattoo of Chinese characters on his left forearm and a scar on his forehead.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, tipsters must provide information to authorities using one of the five following methods:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters “DPS” – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip at by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store and for Android users on Google Play.
© 2017 KHOU-TV