The Harris County Sheriff’s Office announced Wednesday 18-year-old Randy Stewart, already charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, has now been charged with tampering with evidence.
His brother, 20-year-old Marvin Stewart, is also facing the same tampering charge.
Authorities accuse the brothers of concealing the gun that was apparently used in the shootings. Investigators say despite an extensive search, the gun has not been found.
The sheriff’s office says the investigation continues and others could be charged.
- Birthday party shooting turns into deadly lesson for Cypress community
- Sheriff: Investigators focusing on gang affiliations in Cypress shooting
- Sheriff chastises Cypress party organizers for using social media to promote event
- Photos: Fatal shooting at Cypress house party
- Video: Fatal shooting at Cypress house party
- Sheriff Garcia: Shooting is a "birthday party gone wild"
- Video: Cypress neighborhood after fatal shooting