HOUSTON—Forbes has come out with its list of the richest people in America and, once again, Bill Gates came in at No. 1, but some famous Houstonians also made the list.
Richard Kinder, of Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, comes in 39th with an estimated net worth of $10.2 billion.
Restaurant casino magnate Tilman Fertitta ranked 235th with a fortune worth $2.4 billion.
Texans owner Bob McNair was 273rd, with a net worth of $2 billion.
The top 10 people on this year’s Forbes 400 list are:
• Bill Gates, $72 billion
• Warren Buffett, $58.5 billion
• Larry Ellison, $41 billion
• Charles Koch, $36 billion
• David Koch, $36 billion
• Christy Walton & family, $35.4 billion
• Jim Walton, $33.8 billion
• Alice Walton, $33.5 billion
• S. Robson Walton, $33.3 billion
• Michael Bloomberg, $31 billion