Beer keg explodes, injures 2 workers at Indiana restaurant

Print
Email
|

by WHAS11.com

khou.com

Posted on February 17, 2014 at 8:41 AM

CLARKSVILLE, Ind. – An explosion at the bar inside a Clarksville restaurant injured two employees Sunday evening.

Clarksville dispatchers said a keg of beer exploded just before 6 p.m., but a manager at Famous Dave’s on Veteran's Parkway said he believes a thin carbon dioxide tank with a hole in it caused the blast.

Two employees suffered injuries, one is hospitalized with multiple cuts.

The manager said the restaurant will be closed until at least Monday afternoon when the health department comes for inspection.

“This is a first time deal, and it’s kind of a bad ordeal, but it’s the first time this has happened,” Manager Gerald Hobbs said.

No guests were hurt in the explosion.

 

Print
Email
|