2-year-old girl severely burned when gasoline poured on slide ignites

Print
Email
|

by Associated Press

khou.com

Posted on November 12, 2013 at 9:35 AM

LOGANVILLE, Ga. -- Authorities in Georgia say a 2-year-old girl was severely burned when gasoline sparked a fire on a slide where she and her sister were playing.

Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman says deputies believe one of the girls poured gasoline on the outdoor slide to make it more slippery. Authorities say they believe a spark from static electricity ignited the gas Saturday morning at their father’s Loganville-area home.
Chapman said the girl was in a medically induced coma and in critical condition Monday at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that authorities are treating the case as an accident and don’t anticipate filing any charges. The girl’s 4-year-old sister was not seriously injured.

Print
Email
|