Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about today:
1. WHAT PALESTINIANS ARE POISED TO GAIN FROM THE UN
Today's vote on recognizing a Palestinian state could give them leverage in future border talks with Israel.
2. RUSH TOWARD 'FISCAL CLIFF' SLOWS A BIT
The White House and a key Democrat hint at concessions on taxes and cuts, while more Republicans seem ready to give ground.
3. WHO ARE WAKING UP AS MILLIONAIRES
Powerball officials say winning tickets were sold in Missouri and Arizona to split the $579.9 million jackpot.
4. RULING EXPECTED IN CONCORDE CRASH APPEAL
A French appeals court is set to decide today whether to uphold a manslaughter conviction against Continental Airlines for the fiery crash in which 113 were killed.
5. IN EGYPT, FEARS OF A 'SECOND REVOLUTION'
President Morsi faces an unprecedented strike by the courts and massive opposition protests after his decrees placing him above oversight of any kind.
6. OBAMA TO ROMNEY: LET'S DO LUNCH
The political rivals will break bread today at the White House. It'll be their first meeting since the election.
7. HOW A BILL COULD IMPACT POLICE SEARCHES OF EMAILS
The proposed law being considered by a senate committee today requires authorities to get a warrant before accessing private information.
8. DOZENS OF MONKS HURT AT MYANMAR MINE PROTEST
Security forces used water cannons on the spiritual devotees just hours before opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi was to visit the area.
9. WHY GOTHAM'S GLOWING A BIT BRIGHTER
Some 30,000 bulbs festooning the 80-foot Christmas tree in NYC's Rockefeller Center are now beaming forth.
10. IMAGINE! YOKO ONO'S FASHIONS INSPIRED BY LENNON'S 'HOT BOD'
Her new menswear collection includes pants with large handprints on the crotch, tank tops with nipple cutouts and a flashing LED bra.