It's time to go green and save some green! There are so many ways to save money while being environmentally friendly at the same time and I wanted to share a few of those with you today. Be sure to add your own tips too!
5 Ways to Go Green & Save Green
1. Share Coupons: If your neighbors do not coupon, ask if you can snag their coupons! Many of your neighbors may set their recycle bins outside, if you see coupons, ask & grab! The key here is asking or you'll likely become one of "those" neighbors. Of course, be sure to recycle the coupons you don't use.
2. Recyclebank: Sign up for a free membership and earn points for taking basic steps towards going green. You'll then earn amazing rewards like coupons for your efforts!
3. Reusable Bags: This one wins the "duh" award with going green and saving money because we all know about it! Simply take your own shopping bags and earn money off when you use them, typically .05 or .10 per bag. Every store is different so you'll have to ask about the savings. The hardest part of this one is remembering to bring the bags!
4. Go Electronic: Have you tried SavingStar? You can upload coupons to your rewards card for stores like CVS, Homeland, Kroger and more! It's easy and it is a no-clip process. Just pick your coupons and swipe your card!
5. Staples Rewards: Want to know my favorite rewards program? Staples. Yep, that's right. You can earn $2 per ink cartridge you recycle at Staples in the form of Staples Rewards. I recycle my cartridges and everyone else's too so I earn $20 per month in rewards that I can use to purchase anything in the store. HUGE benefits!! I love this program!
There you have it, these are easy ways to save some green while going green. If you have any tips, please share them with us!