Dan Pastorini's Italian Sausage Dressing
• 1 yellow onion, 3-4 stalks of celery, 2-3 carrots (Sliced /diced together)
• 3-5 cloves garlic pealed, 1 head of parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme (pinch or 2 each) all chopped or blended together
• 1 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage peeled
• 1-2 cups grated Parmesan / Romano cheese
• 3/4 cup chicken stock
• 1 egg (raw)
• Corn bread
• Cloves, nutmeg & allspice
• DP Texas Style Rub
Sauté sausage in pan. In a separate pan, sauté onion, celery, carrots in margarine & olive oil until onions are translucent. Add chopped parsley, sage, rosemary & thyme with onions celery & carrots for last 3 minutes.
Blend in the Italian sausage (drain grease off first) and combine with onions, et. al., stirring to blend nicely adding in 3/4 cup chicken stock.
Then add raw egg, Parmesan /Romano, cornbread and season with dash or two of cloves, nutmeg & allspice.
Final touch: Add in DP Texas Style Rub to taste.
Best to let stuffing stand in fridge overnight and stuff turkey next day or heat separately and serve. Best with brown giblet gravy!
Dan Pastorini’s Quality Foods Sliders:
Beef tender, slice thin, pound for tenderness and fry in skillet two minutes on each side. He will season each one individually with one of his specialty seasonings. Place on a soft slider bun and garnish with mayonnaise.